Intensive Behavioural Support
The Intensive Behavioural support program provides assistance to families with children with a developmental diagnosis who are having mental health or behavioural struggles. Using a strengths-based approach, the Intensive Behavioural Consultant works with the child and family at home, school and in the community to promote coping strategies and supportive consistent approaches.
- One-on-one support – teaching coping skills and strategies; understanding and learning to regulate emotions; working through grief; and developing communication skills
- Parental coaching – consulting, building capacity and empowering through modeling and coaching
- Behavioural strategies to develop a support plan for use in and out of the home
- Staff consulting and training as needed
- Does your child have problems handling their emotions?
- Does your child’s behaviour create challenges in your home?
- Could you use some assistance developing skills so you can parent a child with challenging behaviours?
- Are you a teacher or professional who works with an individual with challenging behaviours?