Bright Futures Scholarship Program
The Bright Futures scholarship is a program designed to help low to modest income families save for their child’s education through a shared savings program. Families are asked to save a minimum of $56 per month for 6 months for a total of $336 per year. The scholarship donor will double the contribution by providing up to $667 per year for up to 3 years provided the family continues to meet the eligibility criteria. In addition, the family will also receive government contributions to the RESP as defined by the Canada Learning Bond and/or Canada Education Savings Grant. This may be up to an additional 40%.
The scholarship is available to 10 families (1 child per family).
- Family’s gross income less than $50,000 per year.
- Child must be born in 2004 or later and be a resident of Guelph/Wellington.
- Parent to open up RESP and apply for CLB and/or CESG (taxes must remain up to date for CLB/CESG qualification purposes).
- Family to make minimum monthly contributions of $56 per month for 6 months to a total of $333 per year to RESP.
- Family must provide verification of RESP contributions.
- For consistency and administrative purposes FCSSGW may reserve the right to work with a specific financial institution.
If you or a family member are interested and eligible for the scholarship program, please call Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph-Wellington at 519-824-2431, ext. 12 to arrange an information meeting or contact Christina Boumis at ChristinaBoumis@familyserviceguelph.ca