Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph Wellington is a great place to put your passion for social work and community development to action. Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated to counselling and supporting individuals, families, and children who are in need.
Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph-Wellington (FCSSGW) is seeking applications for a full time Clinical Therapist to serve residents of Guelph and Wellington County. This position is primarily based at the agency’s Guelph location.
- Provide assessment, counselling, and/or education to individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Be comfortable leading a group, a workshop, a project, or a program.
- Provide consultation with or supervise interns, volunteers, and/or employees of community partners, when necessary.
- Complete client documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate with Justice personnel (Crown, Probation and Parole) as needed.
- Ensure a holistic, quality approach to client care consistent with FCSSGW’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan.
- Ability to provide services in a second language (in addition to English) will be considered an asset.
- Available to work flexible hours (evenings and/or weekends), required.
- A Masters-level degree in Social Work or Psychotherapy.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario,
- CRPO approved Clinical Supervisor, or can meet the requirements for approval at time of hire.
- 5 years counselling experience in a trauma-informed human service agency or counselling/psychotherapy setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of therapeutic theories as they relate to domestic violence and trauma.
- EMDR training an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of adult learning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and use of a computer, related technologies and software required for the role(s).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the social service, justice, and health sectors an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, appropriate automobile insurance as required by FCSSGW.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience working with Caseworks or other similar Client Management Software an asset.
- This position requires the candidate to produce a Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the agency prior to commencement of employment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by Friday June 14, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCSSGW believes in a diversity-friendly work environment and encourages all people with the above qualifications, including those of all cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual/gender identities, abilities, and beliefs, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and regret that we are able to contact only those being invited for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to FCSSGW.