Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph Wellington is a great place to put your passion for social work and community development to action. Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated to counselling and supporting individuals, families, and children who are in need.
Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph-Wellington is seeking applications for up to three part-time Clinical Therapists to serve residents of Guelph and Wellington County. These positions are primarily based at the agency’s Guelph location.
- Provide assessment, counselling, and/or education to individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Be comfortable leading a group, a workshop, a project, or a program.
- Complete client documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate with Justice personnel (Crown, Probation and Parole) as needed
- Ensure a holistic, quality approach to client care consistent with FCSSGW’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan.
- Ability to provide services in French and/or second language (in addition to English) will be considered an asset.
- Available to work flexible hours (evenings and/or weekends), required.
- A Masters level degree in Social Work
- Registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- 5 years counselling experience in a trauma-informed human service agency or counselling/psychotherapy setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of therapeutic theories as they relate to domestic violence and trauma.
- EMDR training an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of adult learning
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and use of a computer, related technologies and software required for the role(s)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the social service, justice, and health sectors an asset
- Valid driver’s license, appropriate automobile insurance as required by FCSSGW
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience working with Caseworks or other similar Client Management Software an asset.
- The positions require the candidates to produce a Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the agency prior to commencement of employment.
The positions are part-time permanent. The salary range is $27.36-$30.37/hour commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, July 17, 2020 at 5:00pm by email to: email@example.com
FCSSGW believes in a diversity-friendly work environment and encourages all people with the above qualifications, including those of all cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual/gender identities, abilities, and beliefs, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and regret that we are able to contact only those being invited for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to FCSSGW.