Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph Wellington has grown in size and complexity since its inception in 1964 as a prevention-oriented program of the Children’s Aid Society. As the needs of the community grew and changed, the program of the Children’s Aid Society (now Family & Children’s Services) became incorporated as an independent, non-profit, community-based, family service agency as of December 11, 1986. The organization was later renamed Guelph-Wellington Counselling Centre.
In June of 1997, the Guelph-Wellington Counselling Centre became the Family Counselling and Support Service for Guelph-Wellington. This change was made to clearly reflect our commitment to family services.
Family Counselling and Support Service for Guelph-Wellington continues to be an integral part of the community and provides support services to a growing number of individuals, families, and children. Over 96% of our clients feel that their ability to deal with their specific situations improved significantly which further reinforces that our services are beneficial and informative.
We are a proud member of Family Service Ontario
Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph-Wellington’s Awards and Honours
- Joanne Young Evans, Executive Director – Guelph Y 2017 Women of DistinctionTM Award
- Marion Maclean, Community Justice Lead – Renison University College Field Instructor of the Year 2017
- 2017-18 Consumer Choice Award for Credit and Debt Counselling in the Waterloo Region
- Suzanne Muscat, Child Witness Program Coordinator and Grant Hyndman, Clinical Intern – 2017 Wellington Catholic District School Board Volunteer Recognition Award
- Breaking Free Program – Attorney General’s Victim Services Award of Distinction 2016
- Suzanne Muscat, Child Witness Program Coordinator – 2016 Elizabeth Manson Clinical Excellence Award
- Honours at Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work: 50th Anniversary Symposium